Natural Sciences Tutoring Lab (Byrd Sanctuary) Testimonials
The Lanier Byrd Sanctuary has spotlight three students sharing their personal stories about how the Natural Sciences tutoring lab has helped them with their coursework. These students would like to encourage other students to utilize the lab as an additional resource for studying.
"Due to my dedication, perseverance, and also the staff of the science lab, my average for Anatomy II is currently an A and a high B in Chemistry.
- When the semester first began, I was overwhelmed by the materials that I needed to cover. I ended up getting a C on my first chemistry exam.
- I wanted an A for both my Anatomy II and Chemistry classes so I started from the bottom and dedicated my time to get where I am today.
- Due to my dedication, perseverance, and also the staff of the science lab, my average for Anatomy II is currently an A and a high B in Chemistry.
- I highly recommend this place to anyone who is having difficulty with their science courses because they truly are willing to help.
I highly recommend this place to anyone who is having difficulty with their science courses because they truly are willing to help."
"The Byrd Sanctuary is a great place to go when you need help in Chemistry and Microbiology. Before I was aware of this resource:
- My lab assignments seemed vague and confusing
- Study focus was misguided and inefficient
- Resources were hard to find
- Failing my test and quizzes.
When I went into the Byrd Sanctuary Mrs. Alba, the Chemistry tutor was a great help to me with Chemistry. She made the subject less complicated and she broke it down so that I would understand what my professor was teaching.
- My lab assignments had clarity and made sense
- Important study areas are identified and made study time more efficient
- Resources were made available and explained
- Making A’s in Chemistry
It feels great to ask a question and not feel embarrassed about asking. I recommend the Byrd Sanctuary for all students requiring a place to accelerate their science learning."
"The Byrd Tutoring Lab is a valuable asset to the students of the natural sciences. Not only does the lab provide models to study and computers to use, but they also provide tutoring from the professors that teach the courses you are taking. This one on one tutoring provides clarification of concepts that you may be struggling with.
- I would sometimes struggle and not fully understand some concepts, despite extra time and effort that I put in to try and understand.
- After discovering the tutoring lab, concepts that I struggled with became easier to understand.
Eventually, learning new study habits and the correct concepts needed to be successful in my classes led to better performance in the classroom and now, admission to Pharmacy school."