Receive up to $4,000 for your Education!
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation. Please view the FACT SHEET for more information.
The Alamo Colleges have four colleges participating in MyCAA (All listed as Alamo Community College District at MyCAA):
The above colleges have signed the Department of Defense Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding.
Compare our costs. How far will $4,000 take you?
DoD Funded Student Tuition Rates 2016-2017
DoD Funded Student Tuition Rates 2017-2018
Students in courses with special program tuition should contact our representatives for assistance with special course tuition rates.
General Cost of Attendance
What career interests you?
Our colleges are listed under the Alamo Community College District when searching MyCAA for institutions.
See if you qualify at MyCAA for funding:
Get More for Less:
Our affordability extends the value of Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) funding.
DoD/MyCAA 2017-2018 Tuition and Fee Table
Cost of Attendance
Tuition & Fees
Paying for College (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau)
Consumer Information (Financial Aid Shopping Sheets)
Financial Services at our Colleges
If you would like assistance using or understanding any of the tools above, please contact your college Advisor or our installation site representative.
The Choice is Yours:
The Alamo Colleges have a vast selection of degree and certificate options.
Free College Placement Skills Training (online)
Free Math, Reading and Writing Reviews and Test Prep
Schedule of Classes
Career and Placement Center
General Enrollment Process
Requesting your MyCAA Education & Training Plan
1. Have an approved MyCAA account
2. Ensure the program you wish to pursue qualifies for MyCAA funding through MyCAA (catalog program outline)
3. Complete all college admissions requirements
4. Ensure your name on the college student record matches your name in the DEERS system
5. Ensure your declared program of study is correct in your college student record (Alamo GPS)
6. Email our Military Assistance Team from your student email account requesting a MyCAA education and training plan
Paying for Courses & Payment Deadlines:
Students must be paid in full, enrolled in a payment plan or have an approved payment extension* by the payment deadline to avoid being dropped from all courses.
- Payment DEADLINES
- Three main semesters per year; Fall, Spring, Summer
- Some semesters include additional parts of the term which begin later, such as Start II, Flex II, etc.
- During a payment deadline, payment is due for all courses in the term, regardless of when they begin during that term
Payment by MyCAA
- Students with approved MyCAA funding must submit documents for processing
- Approved MyCAA forms may be submitted by email to email@example.com or in person to the college Bursar/Business Office
- All information on MyCAA documents must be correct
- Forms with incorrect information will not be accepted
- PAYMENT EXTENSIONS for students with pending MyCAA funding*
- Occasionally payment deadlines occur before you are eligible to request MyCAA or before your funds are approved
- Payment extensions may be granted until the last payment deadline before semester start
- Payment Extension Request*
Payment extensions are not processed on holidays or weekends
- Students are responsible for paying all charges not covered by MyCAA by the payment deadline
- Payments by credit, debit or check are made through your student account
- Cash payments are made in person at the college Bursar/Business Office
- Students are responsible for ensuring financial aid (if awarded) is applied
During the months of June and July, the colleges operate on a 4 day work-week, closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. MyCAA documents must be turned in no later than 1500 on the Thursday before payment deadlines in order to be processed. Students may opt at any time to enroll themselves in a payment plan online through their student account to secure their courses.
Payment Extension Requests for Pending MyCAA Funds
If your payment deadline is before your financial assistance request window or prior to funding approval, you may request a payment extension. A payment extension may be granted for those eligible for up front MyCAA financial assistance. Please see our Payment Extension Request form.
Payment Deadline Calendar