Welcome Faculty and Staff
Teaching with Technology is located in Manzanillo Hall, Room 204 L, 210-486-4094. We are located upstairs to the left (second room). Manzanillo Hall is the building closest to the flag poles, near Ellison Dr. and Loop 1604, next to Mountain Laurel Hall.
Want more hands-on assistance getting started with Canvas*? Please contact us for an appointment for help with anything related to teaching and technology. The Teaching with Technology staff offers assistance with Canvas, ACES, TurnItIn, audio and video enhancements, and more! Come get your questions answered, receive hands-on help, and share ideas with other faculty in this interactive one-on-one environment.
*Canvas- Learning Management System (LMS) is software that allows face-to-face and online instructors the ability to create interactions to facilitate learning. An LMS is not just a content delivery tool.
- Assistance developing courses
- One-on-one help
- Online pedagogy ideas and best practices
- Assistance using other online and web-enhancing tools
- Walk-In help and workshops for Canvas tools are available Monday - Friday (Please call ahead to let us know when to expect you)
- Intro to Canvas- All faculty are required to be trained in this system, regardless of employment status (full-time or adjunct), discipline, or types of courses you teach.
- Online Teaching Certification (OTC) - All faculty who wish to teach fully online courses are required to be certified to teach online. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Click Here for a Campus Map