ATTENTION PAC COMMUNITY: The Fall 2017 Transfer Fair is scheduled for Monday, October 30th from 9am-Noon in the Ozuna Legacy Room!
Transfer Advising provides the educational road map for successful transfer from Palo Alto College to the four-year university.
Transfer Advising on campus includes:
- Recruiter Visitation Schedules with dates when university representatives visit to answer questions and provide admissions information;
- Annual Fall Semester Transfer Fair when over 25 universities provide admissions information;
- Education Express field trip visits to four-year universities;
- Transfer-themed workshops providing insights for a successful transfer;
- Transfer Guides (formerly called 2+2 Plans) providing information on courses to complete prior to transfer to the university.
Some of the university Transfer Plans include:
- Our Lady of the Lake University
- St. Mary’s University
- Sam Houston State University
- Texas A&M University at College Station
- Texas A&M University-San Antonio
- Texas State University-San Marcos
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of the Incarnate Word
- University applications and catalogs with specific information on admissions deadlines and academic program descriptions;
- Transfer scholarship information for the four-year universities.
Some universities use the term 'transfer guide' and some use '2+2,' but in general both terms refer to a degree plan that lists the courses you take at PAC before transferring to a four year school. You will want to use the transfer guides to determine what courses to take at PAC as these plans list the requirements within each degree. You can access the transfer guides and university transfer information here. In addition, the Alamo Colleges lists all current Articulation Agreements with our transfer universities on their webpage here.
Joint Admissions Agreement (JAA)
Palo Alto College and the University of Incarnate Word have created a joint admissions agreement or JAA. A joint admissions agreement requires a form that you sign, listing your major, when you intend to transfer, and your contact information. By signing the form, you are locked into the degree plan that you are following in case that plan changes over time. If you decide you want to follow another major, then you can simply sign a new joint admissions agreement. Please visit with your certified academic advisor to sign an agreement!
- University of the Incarnate Word
College/University Catalogs and Online Information
We have a great assortment of college catalogs from both in-state and out-of-state institutions for students to view. If you would like your own catalog you can contact the university for one or locate one online. You can also search university websites for admissions information, applications, majors, degree plans, and scholarships. The majority of public Texas universities use the Apply Texas application at www.applytexas.org.
Not sure where to transfer or what schools offer your interested major? Visit http://nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator/. This site allows you to search by major, institution type, location and many other factors to determine which transfer institution meets YOUR needs.
Determining How Your Courses Will Transfer
Not sure if your classes will transfer to the university you want to transfer to? You can find out course equivalencies for Texas universities statewide by using the Texas Common Course Numbering System which provides course equivalencies between Palo Alto College and numerous Texas universities. If you need assistance using the website please make an appointment with your certified academic advisor.
Recruiter Visitation Schedule
University recruiters and advisors come to our campus throughout the year to answer questions regarding admissions requirements, course transfer guidelines, programs available and other university requirements.
Click to view the Recruiter Visitation Schedule or stop by the Palomino Center Annex (SEED Advising Center desk) for a hard copy.
Events & Programs
- Annual Transfer Fair (every Fall semester)
- Transfer Visits
Apply for Graduation Before You Transfer
Click here to learn how to apply for graduation using your ACES account