Latest News from Faculty Senate
Faculty Round Table
Faculty met on September 29th to discuss the results of the Faculty Senate Survey conducted in the Spring Semester. Topics of concern from the Survey included the following: PGR Win-Win Agreements, Faculty Morale, and
Perception of Senate. The results of the survey and the more in-depth feedback from the Round Table will drive the Senate's work for the coming year. Thank you to all who participated in the Round Table.
The Faculty Senate seeks to create, maintain, and protect a collegial environment conducive to the growth of scholarship, learning, teaching, research, service, and respect for human dignity and rights.
The mission of the Faculty Senate is to advocate for and lead faculty in fulfilling their responsibilities in the shared governance of the college and to represent faculty interests to college and community stakeholders.
The Faculty Senate will establish itself as an efficacious champion of academic quality, as the authority for the delivery of instruction, and as a source of advice and support for college and district administration.
The Faculty Senate values:
- academic quality
- academic freedom
- academic integrity
- creative and responsible inquiry
- thought and expression in an atmosphere of civility and respect
- effective and open communication
- the rights and shared responsibilities of students, staff, community, faculty, and administration
- helping students achieve their academic goals in a dynamic learning environment