St. Philip’s College is designated as an Authorized Pearson Vue Test Center for the administration of the General Educational Development Computer Based Test (GED-CBT) under the guidelines of the GED Testing Services and Texas Education Agency (TEA).
The GED tests give you the opportunity to earn a certificate of high school equivalency. You must score a minimum total score of 600 with no individual test score less than 150* on all 4 exams to receive a Texas Certificate of High School Equivalency. *Effective Immediately, January 26, 2016 GEDTS reduced the minimum passing scores on all subject area test from 150 to 145. This change is retroactive to January 1, 2014.
GED Policies and Schedule
GED Candidates must sign-up at www.ged.com to schedule the GED test or through the Pearson Vue call center at 1-877-EXAM-GED (1-877-392-6433). The cost for the GED-CBT is $145 for the entire test, and $36.25 for each section payment is due upon registration.
Required items for all examinees to bring the day of testing:
- Government issued identification (Texas DL/Texas ID, Military ID, Passport/Visa, or Consulate ID)
- Proof of Texas Residency (if you do not have a Texas ID/DL)
- Be 18 years of age or older (for age exceptions visit TEA eligibility requirements)
GED Test Dates & Times
On testing days, please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
|Reasoning through Language Arts
GED-CBT 2014 Passing Score
A minimum total score of 580 points with no individual test score less than 145 on each of the four exams.
If you fail an exam, you can retake it two times at a reduced price within twelve months of the original failed exam. After the first three attempts, you will have to wait an additional 60 days between retake
GED-CBT test takers seeking accommodations for a documented disability may request it through the registration process at www.ged.com.
- answer yes when asked "Do you need to request accommodated testing conditions for a documented disability?" and you will receive further instructions via email. For detailed information on Accommodations, please go to GED Testing Service Accommodations.
The GED Testing Center is located in the St. Philip’s College Welcome Center, room 207B. We administer the Official GED-CBT in room 206B.
- Office & Information: 210-486-2532 or 210-486-2525
- Test Center#: 70376
Preparation and Practice Tests: