“A Point of Pride in the Community”
St. Philip's College Homecoming
You are invited to the annual St. Philip's College Homecoming celebration. Rekindle old relationships and build new connections for a strong and united college community by attending the homecoming festivities. Music, food and good 'ole SPC fun is scheduled every year. We want to share our college's day with you. Be sure to mark your calendar for the next SPC Homecoming celebration!
Purpose of Homecoming
The SPC Homecoming celebration provides an opportunity to rebuild the Alumni and Friends Association, cultivate community support and loyalty, promote the college's programs and services and enhance financial resources to support the educational mission of the College. An evening of friend-raising designed to engage alumni, students, faculty, staff, neighbors and affiliates to celebrate and reflect upon our heritage as a haven for education.
Homecoming Student Activities
The Department of Student Life is proud to announce a week long series of events leading to our Homecoming ceremony.
All are welcome to attend the following Homecoming events:
Pre-Homecoming Week event:
Homecoming Door Decorating Contest Results:
- 1st Place - Student Financial Aid 122/125 points
- 2nd Place - Student Recruitment 120/125 points
- 3rd Place - Testing Center 119/125 points
- 4th Place - Service-Learning Programs 117/125 points
- Tie - 5th Place - Southwest Campus 112/125 points
- Tie - 5th Place - Academic Advising 112/125 points
Calendar of Events:
- Mon., Oct. 16 | 10:30 a.m. | "We Back the Blue" Homecoming Photo | Southwest Campus, Cafetorium
- Mon., Oct. 16 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | SPC Homecoming Pep-Rally and Lunch | Southwest Campus, Cafetorium
- Mon., Oct. 16 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Photo Wall #SPCHOMECOMING | MLK Campus, Heritage Room
- Tues., Oct. 17 | All day | Throwback Tuesday-Please wear vintage or current SPC shirts!!!!
- Tues., Oct. 17 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Photo Wall #SPCHOMECOMING | Southwest Campus, Crossroads
- Tues., Oct. 17 | 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. | Bowling party in TSC Tiger Lanes | MLK Campus, Turbon Student Center
- Wed., Oct. 18 | 10:30 a.m. | "We Back the Blue" Homecoming Photo | MLK Campus, CLR Breezeway
- Wed., Oct. 18 | 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. | SPC Homecoming Pep-Rally and Lunch/Royal Cake | MLK Campus, Courtyard
- Wed., Oct. 18 | 6 p.m. | SPC Homecoming Basketball Game | Lady Tigers vs. NVC | Health & Fitness Center, Gym
- Wed., Oct. 18 | 8 p.m. | SPC Homecoming Basketball Game | Tigers vs. NVC | Health & Fitness Center, Gym
- Thurs., Oct. 19 | All day | Greek Day (Wear paraphernalia to "rep" your sorority or fraternity)
- Thurs., Oct. 19 | 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. | Tiger Lounge Day Party | MLK Campus, TSC Everett L. Turbon Viewing Room
- Fri., Oct. 20 | 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. | Blue & White Alumni Mixer and Dance | MLK Campus, Bowden Alumni Center
Blue and White Dinner & Dance
Featuring: The Homecoming Court and crowning of Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's College
Date: Friday, October 20, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Location: Bowden Alumni Center (3rd Floor Sutton Learning Center)
Admission: The event is free and open to the public.
Vote for Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's
Attention SPC Students! Vote for this year's Homecoming Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's! Online voting will begin on October 9 through 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 19. Students voting only. See your candidates:
2016 Mr. and Ms. St. Philip's
John Martin, Mr. St. Philip's and Jalisa Rivera, Ms. St. Philip's
- Percival Bragg and Nahima Alhabbas
- Sam Alvarado and Jessica Rodriguez
- Jadien Moreno and Veronica Villarreal