What is the Student Veteran's Organization (SVO)
The Student Veteran's Organization (SVO) is an organization that promotes student veterans at St. Philip's College and to become a forum for the underrepresented veterans on campus. The primary mission of the SVO is to advocate on behalf of the student veterans in order to ensure their success in higher education.
Our goal is to be able to foster sprit de corps among college veterans and promote an understanding of veterans issues.
Why do I want to be a member?
We want all SVO members to be able to come together and feel a sense of connectivity given the nature of your unique past experiences.
- We will provide a place to meet other student veterans for camaraderie
- and plan recreational events that will offer information on all current veterans benefits
- and information that is vital for collegiate success.
How do I become a member?
To become a member of the Student Veteran's Organization (SVO) you must meet the requirements.
- Active–any student enrolled in at least one credit hour with St. Philip's College and a GPA of 2.0 who is a veteran, reservist, National Guard, or active duty service member.
- Alumni–any former students who have graduated from St. Philip's College who is:
- a veteran, reservist, National Guard, or active duty service member.
- Honorary-any member that does not fall into the above categories, to include but not limited to, faculty/staff, members enrolled with:
- a Texas Institution of Higher Education, organizations, societies, the general public, etc.
At this time, all of the office positions are vacant which includes the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Student Government Association Representative.