Center for Distance Learning
The Center for Distance Learning provides support for students taking online and hybrid classes. We offer face-to-face and online overviews on Instructure Canvas. An open computer lab is provided for students to access their classes. We also assist students with technical questions.
* Student Resources To Free Online Learning *
Enrollment Steps SmarterMeasure-Check Readiness DL Events
Online Degree Plan Smarthinking-24/7 Online Tutoring Search for Classes
Respondus Meningitis Waiver for Online DL FAQs
"NEW" Information for Students
Your E-mail Just Got Smarter!
Student Email Upgrade to Office 365 Using SkyDrive
Email-Related Questions SkyDrive Questions
The Alamo Colleges is using Instructure Canvas (LMS) as its standard platform for delivery of online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes. To get a successful start with your online classes, we recommend that you attend a one hour training overview or access an online overview. The overview sessions will include how to use the Canvas tools. Faculty information on Canvas go to Instructional Innovation.
Check Your Computer
* Recommended Browser - Mozilla Firefox.
* Check plugins (courtesy of Firefox)
* Check updates: Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader and Java
* Instructions for disabling browser pop-ups:
* Firefox.pdf: Video * Google Chrome.pdf
* Google Toolbar.pdf * IE8 and 9.pdf
* Safari.pdf * Mobile Safari iPad.pdf
For more information go to Canvas Browser Check.
Student Canvas Overviews
ON-LINE - Summer 2013 CANVAS OVERVIEW
Enroll in a FREE CANVAS OVERVIEW
* Students can self-register (PDF Steps) (Video Steps)
* Summer I & II - CRN # 14160 (Available: April 8th-August 15th).
* Fall 2013 - CRN # 20457 (Available: May 6th-December 5th)
* Weekend/evening help firstname.lastname@example.org
FACE-TO-FACE - Summer 2013 CANVAS OVERVIEW SCHEDULE
All sessions will be held in CLR 208 (library)
||July 08, 2013
||July 09, 2013
||July 10, 2013
||July 11, 2013
||July 15, 2013
||July 16, 2013
||July 17, 2013
||July 18, 2013
NOTE: Schedule is subject to change.
For questions on the Canvas Overview, call (210) 486-2239, email email@example.com or stop by CLR 209A & C.
Luis A. Lopez
Director of Instructional & Professional Development