Mortuary Science Early Advisement
Early advisement for Spring 2014 is now occuring through the month of November! All Mortuary Science students stopy by NTC 238 or contact Cynthia Escatel to make your advisement appointment for your Spring 2014 classes.
All students must bring a copy of their unofficial transcripts to their advisement appointments.
Any "No Shows" to appointments without advance notification, will automatically be delayed in their adivsement.
Castle Ridge Mortuary Funeral Assistant 11/5/2013
Job Status: Part-Time Funeral Assistant
Reports To: General Manager
Perform variety of tasks during funerals, visitations, etc. Greet families during visitation any and all services, such as help placing casket in parlor or chapel prior to service, arranging floral offerings or lights around casket; directing or escorting mourners; closing casket; help director with funeral service activities and issuing and storing funeral equipment. Also, following the nightly report when needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Perform a variety of tasks during funerals to assist funeral directors and to ensure that services run smoothly and as planned.
- Greet people at the funeral home and open doors
- Offer assistance to mourners as they enter or exit limousines.
- Close caskets at appropriate point in services. (if applicable)
- Direct or escort mourners to parlors or chapels in which wakes or funerals are being held.
- Place caskets in parlors or chapels prior to wakes or funerals.
- Carry flowers to hearses or limousines for transportation to places of interment. (if applicable)
- Clean funeral parlors and chapels.
- Arrange floral offerings or lights around caskets.
- Gives excuses and helps with dismissal.
- Assist funeral director and management when required
- Provides information about services that are complete not pending.
- Takes clothing for deceased and fills out prep slips. (if applicable)
- Provides support to central office for families making arrangements.
- Perform general maintenance duties for funeral homes; light Cleaning during visitations (restrooms, trashcans, chapel, lobby area and all office trash)
- Help tidy up receptionist area.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: No prior experience necessary
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Directors Assistants (helpful)
Student Part-time Position
Job Posted 10/02/2013
Brookehill Funeral Home is looking for Students to work part-time;
to work between Brookehill Funeral Home (711 S.E. Military Drive)
and Palm Heights Mortuary (3711 S. Zarzamora Street)
We will work around your College Schedule
Students must to be available to work every other weekend, nights
and at least 3 days weekdays in the mornings,
and/or as needed to drive on funerals.
Please apply in person at Brookehill Funeral Home at 711 S.E. Military Drive or contact Julian Cruz at 210-923-7523
Mortuary Law Exam
Please be advised that the fee for the Mortuary Law Exam is increasing to $55.00 on October 1, 2013. Any application received that is postmarked October 1st or later must include the new fee of $55.00.
Applications that do not have correct fee amount included will not be processed. For more information contact the Texas Funeral Service Commission at (512) 936-2474 or visit http://www.tfsc.state.tx.us/ .